Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jacob's First Goal!!

Well, sorry my post is a day late haha. But this has to be said... I am so proud of Jacob. He had soccer yesterday through the Fort Wayne Sports Club. This is his third game for the spring season and he is doing so much better than the first one. But before I can tell you about this game I have tell you about the first one... During the first game he was in his own little world, while the other kids were flocking towards the ball he was chasing his own shadow and watching to see if it's still there. It was hilarious!! He had this grin on his face like he was having the time of his life. So I'm not going to complain... The second game was better, a little more focused, more prepared since now he knows what to expect and did wonderful he had an assist during the game. Now that's improvement, even though he was still chasing his shadow for part of the game at least he was a little more alert. =)

Now we get to the third and most recent game... So much better, this is a completely different Jacob! I don't know what happened but he definitely showed a lot more improvement in this game. He was a go-getter and was determined to get the ball. He used his superhero talents (Flash) and dashed as fast as he could to the ball. Full speed ahead for the ball and then out of no where he turns to look at his shadow. What? Back to that shadow again? I guess he had to see if it was still there. Well, because he did that he was no longer watching where he was going and he ran straight into two other kids who were already at the ball. Minor crash and luckily no one got hurt. =) The game continues and he's refocused, all the kids on the field are trying to get the ball and Jacob finally gets it and what happens? He goes the wrong direction. What a silly boy! The opponent got the ball back from him shortly after and the game continues... Now we get to the good stuff, towards the end of the game, Jacob gets the ball again and is going the right way now and then he kicks the ball towards the goal and it's rolling slowly, and it's still rolling and finally... HE SCORES!!!!! Oh my goodness it was intense! My son scored a goal, his first goal ever!!! We jump for joy, YAY! Jacob. Now do you see why I had to dedicate this post to him? My son, Jacob, is an amazing boy and I am so proud of him. I mean seriously, how could you now? =P Have a wonderful day, it's so beautiful out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment