Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

It was just a beautiful yet busy weekend with the new routine of working out, parties for graduation, birthday and Memorial Day and of course spending time with the family!! I will start with Saturday morning at 7:15 a.m. to be exact, I tried CycleFit a.k.a Spinning for the first time ever and boy did it kick my butt. I hope to one day master it enough so I do not have to cheat, haha, I said it! I could not stay up and off the saddle for very long... It was definitely a work out and I can wait to try it again and yes I will go that early. I felt so awake when I left the class, then later on I had a 2-hour yoga class, it was yin yoga where it focuses on 5-minute intervals of holding the positions. The point is you're supposed to be more relaxed yet in tune with your body. I, however had to use the bolsters to help hold me up as I was not as flexible as the others. I almost chickened out and not go, but I'm so glad I did. I thought maybe it would help me stretch more after CycleFit. And it did, I was and still am so sore from that morning. All part of getting fit, right?

My friend just graduated college and held a party at the Fort Wayne Hip Hop dance studio, if you have not been there you should definitely check it out. I love watching the break dancing, popping and locking it's just amazing!! I think he had a pretty good turn out and am sure he had a great time. Congrats Tan!! ;o)

Then onward with the rest of the weekend which lead to a birthday party at the lake, so peaceful, so relaxing, the grass is absolutely beautiful! Alex turned 4, such a big boy! These kids just grow up so fast... I'm so glad I get to be there to see it all happen though. Let me tell you, the boat ride was pretty exciting too. There were 2 boats taken out a pontoon and a bass fishing boat, there were 5 of us on the fishing boat or as the kids would say, the "fast" boat. Waters were a little rough due to the busy holiday weekend so it was a bumpy ride at times. The kids seem to enjoy the one BIG bump off the seat haha also the retrieval of Jacob's hat. C'mon, I wasn't thinking when I put one on him. Luckily we were able to get it before it sunk. I wonder how many hats and other treasures are at the bottom of the lake, hmmm... Then we had an incident where my brother Justin lost part of the oar kayaking so we had to send out the rescue team to tow him back it, it was quite eventful and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALEX!!

Memorial Day Party at lil Ly's (my mini-me), our motto? Double Ly, Double Fun!! Delicious Asian cuisine, with my favorite food... Pho! Vietnamese noodle soup, YUM!! Everyone has to try it at least once in their lifetime. And spring roll, second best! Well, I just love Vietnamese food. After stuffing face we move on to karaoke, billiards and chit-chatting. btw, did I tell you Jacob is picking up a little bit of billiards. This boy is obsessed with it, he's just a bit vertically challenged, he is the next pool shark-in-training!!

Overall, the weekend was pretty busy but very enjoyable AND great weather... can't wait for more fun weekends to come. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and don't forget your loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. wow thats one packed weekend! fellow pool players are welcome! i wish my life that exciting!

    ReplyDelete